Adapted from On Baking
Yield - 1 qt.
12 oz. Raspberries, pured
3 oz. Granulated sugar
1 fl oz. Raspberry liquor
.37 oz. Knox Powdered Gelatin (about 1.5, 1/4oz. packets)
8 fl. oz. Heavy Cream
1. Sprinkle the gelatin over 2 oz. of cold water. Let hydrate for at least 10 minutes.
2. Place the raspberry pure, sugar, and raspberry liquor in a nonreactive saucepan and
warm to approximately 115F to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and strain
through a fine strainer.
3. Melt the gelatin over very low heat or in a double boiler. Be careful not to burn it.
4. Add the gelatin to the raspberry mixture, stir to dissolve. Chill until thick, but not set.
5. Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold it into the raspberry mixture.