8 whole wheat pita bread halves
Mrs. Dash any flavor
3 turkey or chicken sausage links
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed with liquid squeezed out)
1 (8 ounce) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (room temperature)
cup light sour cream
1 (14.5 ounce) can no added salt diced tomatoes (liquid drained)
1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut pita bread into triangles. Each half can be cut into 4 triangles and each triangle can be split into 2 pieces.
3. Place triangles on large baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash. Bake triangles for 5-10 minutes or until crisp.
4. Cut open and remove casings on sausage links. In a small skillet, cook sausage meat on medium heat using a spatula to separate into ground pieces until no longer pink.
5. In a medium bowl, combine sausage and the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to thoroughly mix in cream cheese.
6. Pour dip into 8 x 8" baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling. Stir mid-way through cooking.
Per cup serving with 4 pita chips
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 13g
Dietary Fiber: 2g