1 oz. Olive Oil
1 Medium onion, chopped
1 Chipotle chile, in adobo sauce
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbsp ground cumin
2 15-ounce cans black beans, undrained
2 cups canned low-salt chicken (or vegetable) broth
6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, one or two chipotle chiles, garlic, and cumin. Saut until onion is tender,
about 5 minutes.
3. Add beans with juices and broth. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low;
cover and simmer until flavors blend, about 15 minutes.
4. Puree 3 cups soup in batches in blender. Return puree to same pot.
5. Mix in 4 tablespoons cilantro. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips. Sprinkle with
remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.