Firefighters said the fire started because of a spark from roof construction.
The family is alright. They said they have insurance and plenty of family to stay with, but they were finishing up a bedroom for their three-week-old daughter. Firefighters said the house is a complete loss.
Akron-Princeville was the first fire department to respond, it had to call in three other departments to help.
"We've probably shuttled around 10,000 gallons of water," said Jonathan Blevins, captain of the Akron-Princeville Fire Department.
There are no wells in the area so water had to be brought in by the truckload by the Chillicothe, Dunlap and Brimfield Fire Departments.