A spin on spaghetti that will have kids eating their veggies in no time!
1 jar (1 lb 7.9 oz) reduced sodium marinara sauce
1 pound lean ground turkey breast (90% lean or greater)
1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 - 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, no salt added, with basil, garlic & oregano
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
4 wedges of Laughing Cow Mozzarella, Sun Dried Tomato & Basil cheese wedges
2 large or 5 small zucchini, cut into quarters
cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 cups cooked whole grain pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Pour entire jar of marinara sauce onto bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
2. In a large non-stick skillet combine ground turkey, bell pepper, onion, minced garlic, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil and cheese wedges. Cook over medium high heat until turkey is brown and cooked through.
3. While the turkey is cooking make the zucchini boats by scooping out the seeds from the center of each zucchini quarter, using a spoon.
4. When the turkey has finished cooking, spoon turkey mixture into zucchini boats and place in the baking dish on top of the marinara sauce.
5. Cover with foil and bake the zucchini boats for 25 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Place the zucchini boats back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Remove the zucchini boats and allow to cool.
6. While the zucchini boats are baking, make the pasta per directions listed on the package.
7. Scoop 1 cup of pasta onto plate, top with cup marinara and 2 zucchini boats.
Per 1 serving
Total Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 671 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 70 g
Dietary Fiber: 11 g
Protein: 31 g