Take a tour around your house and look for:
- Sockets with lots of plugs. Try plugging things in differently with appropriate connections.
- UL Marks on lights, cords and other things that plug in. Just look.
How many UL Marks did you find?
- Dangerous things around your home that might cause a fire such as a space heater, matches, or lit candles or fireplaces.
How many home hazards did you find?
- Holiday decorations that could pose a hazard: Worn or old lights, dangling cords, multiple decorations plugged into one outlet all pose a danger.
How many did you find?
- Smoke alarms. There should be one on every floor and near sleeping areas. Test them weekly and replace the batteries twice a year.
How many smoke alarms did you find?
Take care of these as you find them. Don't put them off until tomorrow.